Thursday 30 August 2012

Shades of pink.

Afternoon to all visiting! I had a burst of inspiration last night and this pink number was the 
result. 

I started Inking with Tattered Rose and Victorian velvet then a little Black soot Distress inks on some beautiful Craftwork cards, vintage paper. I have a pad of theses papers and they are almost card they are such good quality! Not sure what the gsm is, but they are very thick. 

I then stamped some swirls with tattered rose just for a little tone on tone dimension.
After that I stamped more swirls but in versamark, but any embossing ink will work. 

Then get your embossing power out, I used gold Debbie Moore powder but you can use any that you have and distribute randomly; they look better when they aren't uniform.

I did exactly the same on some flowers That came in the vintage pack with the paper.  I cut them out and curled them along with faux buttons.

Kanban do this fabulous thing, which they call spiders web. It comes in several colours but you can see it poking out from under the right hand flower along with some gold webby stuff (lack of words for this)! 

I did a fair amount of matting and layering with this card, remembering to ink along the way to match and pull everything together. I added lots of small black gems in the swirls on the right and few other places, A bow in the centre with a faux button and I used a punch to punch out some matching lattice shapes, inked them and layered it under the sentiment and under the flowers.

The only other thing to say is, I used a Kraft card for the base which is 8x8. It's recycled card and just the right colour and weight at 300gsm to stand up with all that it has sitting on it, you don't want it to buckle on the shelf and fall over. Alway use good quality base card; there are so many with high gsm now. If you got all way through that.... Well done! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment