Sunday 17 November 2013

Visible Image Sunday.

Hi everyone

Firstly, I would like to welcome all the new ladies to my blog , I can see I have had a few new lovelies join this week and I have been saying that once I hit my first 100 followers I will do a little competition with some fab prizes so watch this space guys and welcome, I love to read your comments so dont be shy, also If you have a blog join up so I can come follow you too.

Today is Visible Image Sunday and I have used their fabulous Chandelier set as the main focus.

My favourite colours are Purple and Green at the moment and so when I decided to use this stamp I thought hmmm purple it is then , however it does come over slightly different on camera as I used Seedless preserves and black soot distress inks to create this colour which does look a little pinky in the flesh as it were.

Here is a close up.


So to create my card which finished up measuring 7x6 inches.

Recipe
  •  I first started with a piece of off white card and using perfect medium I stamped the chandelier several times and embossed it with a white powder. This creates a resist so that I can ink around the designs yet still leave my chandeliers white.
  • I used my inks and got my shades nicely blended and dark on the edges. 
  • Then took the grunge flourish stamp with black soot Distress Ink and stamped randomly on the top and 2 side edges. No need to do the bottom as  I wanted to add the ribbon there.
  • I matted this piece onto  black card , then I used the grunge flourish again around the edges but this time with perfect medium and gold embossing powder.
  • I wrapped my ribbon around the bottom of the card and matted this onto plum card. And set aside 
  • Next I took a smaller white card and stamped the chandelier in black archival ink and I used two sentiments from the set, Just to brighten your day and Hang in there, also in black ink. Heat set them and then inked with the same colours on the main card.
  • I took a water brush and swept it around the main image and blotted the distress as it reacts with water you can remove some colour this way and the look I wanted way almost rings around the image like the old Warner Bros sign at the beginning of old cartoons. So I did the same thing with the water brush and blotting several times til I had several rings. then I dried the image with a heat gun. I emphasised the rings by dotting quickie glue around the rings and adding some clear glitter to it. 
  • I added flat back black gems to the chandelier image and glittered around them, I also used a white pen to highlight the chandelier too, I then used foam to add it to the card created earlier to raise it up a little.
  • Lastly I tied a double bow and added it to the ribbon I wrapped around the card earlier and took a cameo for the centre of the bow, however it was a salmon pink colour so I used some treasure gold in Amethyst and then classic gold to highlight the face. A few more flat back gems in the corners and the card was complete.
Here is the finished look again 
 
The Visible Image stamps From lovely Helen and Mark  I used are
 
                                   Grunge Flourish                                           Candelier set.


I hope you enjoyed today's card , have a great Sunday and hopefully get chance to do some fabulous crafting, leave me a comment and let me know what you have been creating today.

Crafty Hugs.

Kim 
xxxx


 

2 comments:

  1. This looks super doper. my purple loving daughter would oooh and ah over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the purple and the design is stunning. Loving our Grunge Flourish stamp in gold too. Thanks Kim xx

    ReplyDelete