Thursday 2 January 2014

Creative Expressions Thursday.

Hi all my lovlies.

I would like to say a huge Happy New Year to all that didn't see any of my facebook messages and I hope 2014 is a great one for everyone. I also want to say welcome to all the new ladies to the blog I am still waiting for a few gentlemen to arrive too haha.

Today we have a twofer on the blog so enjoy xx

We have turned the corner on a new month and a new year so we have a new set of stamps arrive in the post to work with for Creative Expressions. We were all sent some gorgeous new handbag stamps and the older Vintage dress form images too. So today I decided to work with one of the handbags.
I used inks that react with water so I could drag out the colour with a water brush and glittered over with some gorgeous Diamond snow glitter, I actually had to take a piccy of it its so fine this one.
I combined a spellbinder m-bossibility folder with a die cut for dimension and stamping with water colouring. so here is the finished image.


  • I started with a piece of milk card cut to size and ran through my GC with the embossing folder Called Celtic Knot. Once done I inked the pattern and edges til I had all my embossing highlighted with Tattered Rose Distress ink.

                                       Celtic Knot.                                Tattered Rose Distress.
  • I matted this piece onto black card with a tiny layer of the black showing only and cut to size.
  • I matted again onto more milk the some gorgeous dark red. 
  • I die cut a Spellbinders Elegant labels 4 and inked all the edges again with tattered Rose DI  and raised that on 3mm foam onto the embossed piece matted and layered earlier.
  • I stamped out my purse onto some coconut white card  with Brilliance Cocoa Bean ink and used a water brush to drag some of the colour as it was a reactive with water ink. then on a tile I added some more tattered lace and some brilliance inks which are very rich in pearl essence. I continued to colour my image building the shade and highlights with each layer. Drying in between and keeping kitchen paper in my hand to dab excess water all the time.


  • once dry I added tiny parts of the diamond snow glitter to the image and then fussy cut by hand the whole image.
                                              Diamond snow Creative Expressions glitter.
  • I turned it over wrong side up after drying and placed it onto a foam embossing mat, I used a ball tool to dome out the roses in the pattern and where the material would be bulging out. I then added a foam square to the middle and cosmic shimmer glue to the edges and mounted onto more of the deep red card. which I cut out with a tiny border by hand.
  • I stamped my sentiment onto My labels 4 at the bottom then glued the handbag to the top of it.
  • Next I cut out several flowers with Donna Salazar for spellbinders rose creator but I didn't use it as a rose flower this time, I just layered it. , some card swirls and some water coloured leaves which I die cut and shaped also From a Heartfelt creations stamp and die set..
  • I added them all to the card and some 8mm flat back cream pearls.                                         This card took me just over 1 hour so a fairly quick one today.
                                                 Here are the rest of the Photos.





 I also have My baby card which I made on Sue's show on the 15th on C&C to show on request here.

On the show I made the girly version in shades of pink which was yummy also. 
  • I started by stamping the large Alphabet soup Just Rite stamp out onto blue foundation card and embossing in white giving it that wedgewoody impression. 
  • I covered that once cut even all around and sprinkle over diamond sprinkles glitter. i then mounted this onto some milk card. I diecut a blue Becca Feakin Labels die once in blue and ran it through the Tied together Couture Creations embossing folder and then I cut it in milk and whilst in the die inked through it with stormy sky Distress ink if blue or Spun sugar in pink.I also cut the smaller label die in the pack with this set and cut it in half to mount onto the back of the larger diecut.
  • I cut a small slit in both ends with a craft knife and took two small offcuts of seem binding in matching blue( or pink) I threaded it through the slit attached the half label and threaded the ribbon back through the loops and added a small silver flat back pearl either side.
  • I took a larger piece of milk card and stamped the feet from the baby set along the bottom and the word baby along the top in pale versions of the same colours.
  • I ran the whole piece through the tied together folder in the GC.I the used a quickie glue pen to go around the feet and the words and glittered it with Diamond snow.
  • Then I matted it onto some matching card.  I just needed to put it all together and add a little something something, in the end that turned into a felt flower which I added a little glitter and a pearl too also some gorgeous seam binding and some matching bakers twine.
  • I stamped the gorgeous sentiment from the bundle of joy vintage labels 5 from Just rite
  • I also stamped the vintage pram from the same set and embossed it in white again on the matching card. be it pink or blue or both if you are really lucky haha. ( The pram reminds me of the old silver cross prams around years ago, who had one of them? )
  • The felt flower was cut using the spellbinder spiral die 3 or 4 I think I cant remember but any of those spiral dies cut the felt amazing if it has wool in it as the Creative one does and cuts as Sue says like butter. I often use the bitty blossoms die to cut it too.
Here is the flower on the card, which also shows the embossing and the inking and layers. I now take a lot more pictures for you all as I do more tutorials so sorry there isn't the usual tons.


 Well ladies I hope you enjoyed today and please leave me your comments as you know how I welcome and enjoy reading them. Be sure to check back as I do try to answer all the comments as It is great to know who you all are so that as the shows build up we will know you when you email etc.
I like the personal touch , and then at shows it will be like old friends ( hope that isn't too corny for you lol).
anyway ladies enough of my ramblings have a wonderful day and see you tomorrow.

Crafty hugs.

Kim 
xxxx






10 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card and I love how you have given the purse dimension. Saw you do the baby card on C&C so thank you for the great " how to" instructions
    Best wishes, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. good to see you back. Thanks for the kind comments. Kim xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim and Pat, seems like all the other Kimettes are still hungover ! Kim, both these cards are beautiful, especially the baby card. I really love the way you do your blog, its so helpful to actually see the ingrediants you use, could I ask a hugh favour of you ? 2014 for me is to start and get a good selection of Foundation card stock, you all usually mention - coconut, milk card, but could I ask you to give us the other colour's you use as I will then know which to get my CE stockist to order for me : ) would that be possible please ?
    I shall be getting the new baby stamps soon I hope, along with a few more as soon as my bank account allows.
    Hope 2014 will continue to be a successfull one for you, and hope to see you more on C&C.
    Hugs.
    Lancashire Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph. Thanks for stopping by again Steph I will of course ask the team for a full list of the colours of card for you. I can tell you my favs and the ones I try to never be without. I use Coconut white,milk,taupe and black as the staple. Then I use soft gold alot. I also use custard, blush,periwinkle blue for softer cards and plum and teal for darker ones i have the red and green xmas ones to as I love the red which is on the first card on this post. I will get in touch with the team ad let you know of course. Hope this helps and thanks for all your kind words Steph as always. Kim xx

      Delete
  3. Morning Kim, A Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours.
    I love this purse card, the sentiment is really good !! and I love the colours you have used, and also how you have domed the purse, that was genius !!
    Thank you also for the tutorial on the baby card, I will definitely be trying this one, as I love it. I had a pram not dis-similar to this one in 1965 for my first child, so brings back nostalgic memories.
    Looking forward to your next shows on C&C.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Patricia. And to you thanks for stopping by . I am glad you like the card. Its funny but I have pictures of me sat in one of those prams in 1970 and my son also laid in one in my flat but it was too big too take down the stairs haha. (1988) crazy. I'm glad to hear you will give the cards a try that makes it all worth while to me. I would love to see too. Thanks for you lovely words.Kim xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim.
    Wishing you and yours a Very Happy, Healthy and Crafty New Year.
    Oh how I love a 'two fer'... todays card are just so very beautiful. Love how you made the purse look so 3D by doming it out and the baby card is truly scrumptious! I saw you with the girlie one on C&C and loved it then. Looking foward to a year of etunning creations from you.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila. Thanks so much and to you . I am glad you are enjoying the two-fer , Yup sculping the card always makes an impact not just for flowers but anything a little 3D. Thanks for all your lovely words too I always appreciate you stopping by.Kim xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Kim, only just managed to catch up with my Blog reading from The New Year what fantastic Cards you have produced for us and I so love your detailed breakdown of how you came about making your projects it makes easy reading there for hopefully easy to try and make myself!! Love and hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year Sam. Thanks and I am glad you like what I am doing for you guys. I am having a lot of positivity and will be starting videos soon and possibly a you tube channel. I love that you will have a go at making ands would love to see it Sam. Hugs as always. Kim xx

      Delete