Thursday 16 July 2015

Creative Expressions Thursday.

Hi Folks

Today I have that extremely sparkly card I was talking about yesterday , the kind that is extremely hard to photograph so that the sparkles show as nice in person as they do on cam .....while that is practically impossible without a super duper camera I definitely managed with the help of the gorgeous Cosmic shimmer  to pick up just how gorgeous the shimmer is on this one.

So for July we were sent some absolutely fabulous new John Lockwood stamps  these ones are called Daisy chain elements which are simply full of gorgeous sentiments and frames so you can create your own ideas so here is the first one I created with these stunning Clear stamps.


I wanted to go for the Monochromatic look for this one as I feel it shows the detail in the stamps beautifully and is so clean and crisp to show of the amazing bright sparkles all over the card too.
So here is how to for this pretty little number.


 I took a piece of Milk card and the large square daisy chain frame from the set and stamped it out for times with archival black ink I blasted it with a heat gun to set it before trimming it down to size, I ran the card edge across the ink pad also to make the edge blend in nicely.I also added the smaller square stamp with the corner piece to the top left square and the bottom right square. The top right square I added one of the little verses.

I covered the whole front in a sheet of the double sided adhesive and tipped on this gorgeous new Cosmic shimmer glitter and really burnished it in before tipping off the excess and pouring back into the pot for next time.

I took a smaller square and stamped the daisy square just the once on this one and again repeated the steps from the last piece with the sticky sheet and glitter,


Here is the verse I chose to use on this one, it says. "The flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of today".

I added a small black mat under the glittery piece and then a double milk mat with foam in between for dimension.


I decided at this moment to turn the square over to diamond shape and gave it a little black mat also and add foam to give It a little height but I also added lots of cosmic shimmer glue to the back of the foam too to make it really sink into the glitter and adhere well.

I tied a little bow from Silky crush ribbon in black and added this to the diamond section. I chose another element from the stamp set which is the little oval thank you tag and added that across the bow.
And lastly I added some little black stones to the centre of quite a few of the daisies in strategic places and the little flowers in the corners of the card . This picture also shows all the dimension in the card and the layers etc plus that sppppparrrkle haha.

Well I hope you like it and I look forward to bringing you lots of new things very soon.

Lots of love and craft hugs to all.

Kim 
XXXX

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    beautiful card, and a great design. LOVE the sparkle.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kim this is so beautiful love it sooo sparkles and preety flowers thank you love nana hope you and yours are ok love you xxxxxxxxxxxx June horrocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these stamps Kim and your card is lovely!
    XxxRuth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim
    Another stunning card - hope you are feeling better.
    Keep in touch

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sparkle layer over everything Kim and the daisy chain stamps are so pretty and the monochromatic look suits it splendidly. The pretty ribbon with a thank you sentiment mat finishes it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete