Sunday 8 December 2013

Visible Image Sunday is here again.!

Hi Folks

How the cotton candy are you all? I have been creating again and I don't mean having a moan... I have been getting all inky with the gorgeous Visible Image stamps.
what do you think?

I liked it and all with just a couple of colours Distress ink and several stamps. Here's how .

  • I took a piece of off white card and Black archival ink and stamped the Imagine ,Dream Inspire stamps in rows over the page. Once done I cut the best bit which was 18 cms long x 11cm high.
  • Dry and rub and anti static pad all over. Then use Versamark and clear embossing powder and stamp the Grunge flourish in two of the corners.
  • Choose two contrasting colours, here I used Seedless preserves and Peeled paint. and randomly colour your first layer , then add a second layer ,making it darker at the edges and corners.
  • Dry and rub the colour off the clear embossing with a dry piece of kitchen towel. Use anti static again. Then I took the Bronte border and silver embossing powder and added some writing here an there again random is the word.
  • Next I stamped three Dragonflies and embossed in white. I also stamped a few of the Tall grasses in black archival just along the bottom and side areas.
  • Once dry I cut this sheet into three pieces each measuring 11x6cms and then stuck them down with foam to raise them a little onto black card, leaving a small gap in between and around them.I then added a piece of black crochet ribbon to the top with gold glitter in the gaps onto the tape for sparkle.This was then mounted onto white card.
  • I took a smaller piece of white card and inked again with same colours and stamped 'It takes a long time to grow an old friend' and mounted that onto black card and used foam to attach to the main card in the centre. 
  • I tied a twine bow and used a pink dazzler in the centre with some flat back gems in the corners 
  • Lastly I stamped out the dragonfly onto the same inks and poured on some purple sparkle embossing powder and heat set, I cut it out and inked the edges in black. I then added this to the sentiment. I drew some small faux stitches around the sentiment and some small white dots along each blade of tall grass. 
Here is another angle

I hope you like it and would like to try for yourself ,If anyone has any questions or would like to know how to do anything please do not hesitate to ask.

Below are the stamp sets I used for this one.

                          Imagine, Dream, Inspire                             Bronte Border.

                                   Grunge Flourish                                            Tall Grass  


There is also The Visible Image Blog where you can find all the teams latest inspiration posts and any event news etc so please check it out if you want to be involved in any competitions or the monthly challenge which this month is a Christmas theme and you can win £30 worth of your choice of stamp sets from Visible Image too.
All you need to do is create a little something with at least one of Te Visible Image stamps and enter it .. Simplesssss ,at the end of the month the winner gets picked at random so woop de dooo new stamps for you (If you win of course) But you can't win unless you enter so get arty peoples.

Have a great Sunday
Crafty Hugs

Kim 
xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Kim, absolutely stunning work! Such gorgeous colours and a beautiful design... awesome stamping! You're so very talented xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen , so nice of you to say that. xxx

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim! Love the colours you've used too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful.Love the colours you've used too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julene , I love this colour combo too xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim Loved your cards on C & C you are an asset to Spellbinders and Creative Expressions looking forward to seeing more of your cards
    Carol Clarke
    Clarke.carol2@sky.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim thanks for some lovely ideas on C and C, loved your style, and already ordered some of the stamps.. It's always good to see a new presenter, as everyone has their own ideas, and I very much like yours...B

    ReplyDelete